January 30, 2011

Trends: Blood Orange

Before I ramble on about the newest color in fashion, I want to explain what I will be doing with my posts. I will be having mainly two types of posts. The first type is just individual posts that will not be connected to others in any way. The other is that I will be doing series of posts. Meaning all the posts in one series will go under a category. For example I will be doing trend updates, like this one! If this is confusing now i promise it will not be in the future!

The runways are constantly colorful. Different designers have different color schemes for different seasons. But this season there has been a theme. Blood Orange was everywhere for the spring 2011 collections. It is definitely the color of the moment!

Cacharel Spring 2001 
Red and blood orange go amazing together! I love warm colors together, they feel perfect for summer. Personally, when I am wearing warm colors I feel bright and happy! 

J. Mendel Spring 2011
All blood orange! Even her lip color! The silhouette of the skirt is beautiful and the shirt perfectly follows the minimalist trend. 

Tory Burch Spring 2011
The flowy silhouette is very sophisticated. The shirt flows right into the skirt which is a big thing for runways. 

The great thing about this color is that it looks great on every skin tone! As seen with these pictures it will not wash anyone out or make them look bad. Three totally different skin tones are shown in these pictures and blood orange looks great on all of them! 

I can't wait to buy some blood orange accents for my wardrobe and I can't wait to see the city streets full of warm and bright colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment